New Role Open: Administrative Support
By The Sharing Center, Nov 5 2019 05:20PM
The Sharing Center is looking for an energetic and people-focused individual to join our team as an Administrative Support/Assistant. This role will report to the Director of Operations.
Summary: Provide support, clerical, customer assistance and reception service to the Corporate Office including the President/CEO, Director of Development, Director of Operations, Director of Programs, and Director of Store Management.
Review the responsibilities below before applying. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Eric Havens, Director of Operations at email@example.com.
• Answering phones
• Responding to inquiries from clients, vendors, donors, volunteers, etc. about services offered by The Sharing Center
• Directing and transferring phone calls to appropriate personnel
• Greeting visitors and directing them to the appropriate department, service or person
• Communicating openly with staff and volunteers
• Scheduling and screening donation pick-ups with donors while coordinating efforts with Director of Store Management and Distribution Center Supervisor
• Ensuring that the conference room and break area are neat and prepared for meetings
• Communication with Board of Director’s (BOD), Committee Chairs and Directors related to meetings, breakfast, luncheons, etc.
• Schedule and coordinate conference room meetings for BOD, committees and outside organizations.
• Use social media to promote The Sharing Center including sales, job openings, events, services, etc.
• Receive and sort deliveries/couriers
• Get mail and pass onto Business Manager
• Coordinate 911isues/situations with Director of Operations
• Observe visible activities in parking lot for safety
• Clean out kitchen refrigerator on Fridays
• Assist VITA tax team during tax season, January - April
• Other duties as assigned
The Administrative Support position is a full time position from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
• A heart for ministry through The Sharing Center
• Superior organization, scheduling, and time management skills
• Exceptional verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills
• Overachieving attitude and enhanced work ethic
• Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner
• Previous experience with administrative duties in an office setting preferred
• More than 75% of this position will be sitting, talking, and listening