Join Our Team! Now hiring part-time accounting clerk.
By The Sharing Center, Nov 8 2019 05:34PM
The Sharing Center is looking for a detail-oriented, accounting clerk to join the team part-time. This role is vital to our operations and will assist the Business Manager in ensuring accurate financial records.
If you are interested or know someone who would be perfect in this role, review the job responsibilities below, then email a cover letter and resume to Eric Havens, Director of Operations, at Eric.Havens@TheSharingCenter.org.
Performs accounting and bookkeeping work in accordance with well-defined procedures under direction of the Director of Store Management with dotted reporting line to the Business Administrator. This role is part-time, 12 hours/week (Mon., Wed., Fri., 8:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Examines and counts cash from Thrift Program sales
• Reconciliation of daily Thrift Program sales with receipt tapes
• Prepares cash bags for the Thrift stores
• Prepares bank deposits
• Enters data into QuickBooks Online
• Excellent attention to detail
• Maintains confidentiality of agency information
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Any other tasks or duties as assigned
• Knowledge of basic accounting practices and procedures
• Proficiency with QuickBooks Online a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
• Ability to use business equipment i.e. calculator/copier/printer and computer system
• A heart for ministry and the clients we serve at The Sharing Center
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience preferably in business, accounting, or related field; and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.